Hello my CE friends!! I hope you are having a good Summer so far. Do you have any plans for the Summer? Going anywhere special? Having the grandkids? I’ve got new chippy and stencil inspiration to share. I am always impressed with how many different ways you can use CE goodies in your crafts. Today, I’ve used the paint stencil accompanied by the versatile circle lattice piece. I get so many questions about how to use them. Some have a hard time using them. When you make your purchases, think outside the box. You can always alter them by cutting them into pieces and applying them randomly. You don’t always have to make real-life replicas from the chippys. You can always just use them as silhouettes or background pieces.
Let’s have some crafty fun!
1. You’ll want to begin by using some texture paste and a stencil
Hint: I used platinum-colored crackle paste. The crackles give it more overall interest.
2. Alter your chipboard using white gesso
3. While that dries, choose your color palette
Hint: I’ve used acrylic red
4. Splatter some watered-down acrylic red paint to the entire surface
5. Now distress the edges of your page with black ink
*Hint: This frames the page giving it an overall finished look
6. Now use some cardboard to pop up your focal image
7. Apply your chipboard circle cut-outs randomly along the edges
*Hint: I placed my circles where there was no texture paste
8. Finally, adhere your quotes
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!
See you next time!