Hello all, I have another fun project to share today, I have had this telephone for some time. Just waiting to be put to good use. Today I decided to alter it a bit. And sometimes, it is true, when less is more. Now I think I am done for now with this project but sometimes the longer I look at something the more I think I may need to add something to it. We will see how that goes once it is up on my self for a bit.
I started out with some decoupaging rice paper on the phone, This was a bit planned. I used Andy’s rice papers and I only had one of each, so I found two that somewhat matched.
Once the rice paper was dry, it was a matter of finding the right ATC coin to fit the theme. I did end up going the the numbers from the steampunk ATC set and the punchinello from the Shapes ATC set.
I cut the ATC’s to size and glued them on to get the fit right on the phone. matching numbers on the receiver and the punchinello on the numbers dial.
Using the Distress Patterns Stencil, I added the small circles on the frame of the telephone and the receiver.
Once everything was dry, I did some light layers of paint and distressing to blend the piece better. I would say a fine addition to my altered art.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy the project.
Steampunk Artist Trading Coins