Welcome back, my crafty friend! I hope you’ve enjoyed our Alice in Wonderland-themed creations this month. I know I’ve had a blast with you! Today we will be escaping this crazy land, bringing ourselves back to where we originated… right under that tree. I love how the chipboard cutouts can really help tell a story, don’t you?! So let’s get our wands equipped and unlock our sanity together!
Let’s finish our trip!
1. Begin by tracing out the key plate on the paper and cut it out
2. Adhere the cut out to the plate
3. Sand down any extra paper
*Hint: I use hand-held sheets of coarse sandpaper and cut it down
4. Distress the edges with distress ink
5. Paint your chipboard frame and chess set pieces with acrylic paint
6. Use gesso, acrylic paint, and wax to alter a resin frame
7. Begin layering with both the resin frame and chipboard frame
*Hint: I cut my chipboard frame in half (as shown in the photo)
8. Next put down the chess pieces, the Alice cut-out, and the ribbon quote
9. Use gold wax to alter the key chipboard cut-out and layer it on Alice’s bow
10. Finally cover Alice and splatter the project with watered down black gesso
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!
I hope you have enjoyed going down the rabbit hole with me this month!