Hello, my fellow CE friends! I welcome you back to the blog today and hope you will join me in making an album for a special someone. I know it’s a bit early for Father’s Day, but we celebrated it early this year. My mom and dad came this month to stay with us for a bit. That being said, we collectively decided we would celebrate both Mother’s Day & Father’s Day while they were here. As you know, I shared the album I made for my dad last month. This month I am sharing the one I made for my husband. This one is a little grungier and more down-to-earth. I really enjoyed making these albums. Plus, I used loads of CE chipboard pieces to spruce it up for him.
***Let’s get to cuttin’ shall we?!***
1. You’ll want to begin by deciding what collection/s you’re going to use
*Hint: There is a lot of footwork to do before assembling.
2. Cut out all your pieces of paper to fit each panel including the cover front and back
3. Adhere each piece of paper to their coordinating panels then add your texture
*Hint: Be patient, let the paste dry before moving on.
4. In between texture drying, you can alter some of your tags and other embellishments
5. Alter your chipboard pieces using acrylic paints
6. Distress your paper elements, including all edges (inside and outside) of the album
*Hint: I used black acrylic paint. It’s much quicker than using ink.
7. Add your chipboard pieces on the inside panels
*Hint: You want to make sure that the pieces don’t keep the album from closing.
8. Adhere all your chipboard pieces and paper cut-outs to the sleeves
9. Make folders on the inside of each cover piece using double-sided foam tape
*Hint: I cut mine to fit each side using the paper to my advantage.
*Hint: Only put double-sided adhesive on edge so the tags don’t fall out.
10. Finally, some finishing touches such as paper & metal embellishments
11. The cover! Layer your chipboard and paper embellishments
12.Add your metal and clay embellishments to both the sides and front of the album
13. Finally, add knobs to the covers and use jump rings, chains, and pins to add some extra flair