Creative Embellishments chipboard tags are my favorite tags because they are so nice and big at 5.5 x 10″. There’s lots of room for “stuff” and they’re big enough to hang as decor. I think I’m going to put this one on my front door!
Shakers are so much fun to put on a tag or card and don’tcha just love this Haunted House Shaker? I just inked up the chipboard with Distress Oxide Ink in Black Soot and filled with Button Galore & More Spooky Fun sequin mix.
The shakers comes with everything you need to shake shake shake (except shaker material.) You simply glue 2 shaker outlines to the base shaker. Set that aside and let it completely dry! If you don’t, some of your shaker material may stick to the glue.While that is drying, glue the acetate to the top shaker outline and let that dry. Now, and ONLY now, add shaker material to the base, (not too much) and then glue the acetate assembly over the filled shaker. Caution, DON’T shake it at this point because there is bound to be some oozed glue under the acetate and you don’t want your shake material to stick to it. The name of the game is LET IT DRY!! I know, you are dying to give it a good shake, resist the urge and go back to your tag or card and wait for the shaker to dry.
While I was waiting for my shaker to dry, I worked on the tag. First I put down 2 layers of design paper. Then I used the Halloween Stencil and masked spider webbing in the upper and lower corners. After the masking dried I added a cut-apart and then my shaker. The Happy Halloween sentiment is two layers of a die-cut from Cherry Lynn dies. I placed the orange words on black die cut words to make it stand out and then used dimensional foam to pop up the letters.
Next I added a couple of bats that I heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel.
To complete my tag, I added some chipboard ghoulish pumpkins at the bottom that are simply painted a pumpkin color and backed with black paper to make the eyes and mouths pop.
I topped it off with some ribbon and a fabric flower rosette and venetian lace and roses at the bottom.
Altogether, I find this a fabulously fun tag that’s not too scary!
Products from Creative Embellishments
Carta Bella Happy Halloween Collection Kit
Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel
Dreamweaver Studio 490 Emblossing Paste – Black
Buttons Galore & More Spooky Fun Sequin Mix
Creative Embellishments Challenge
I hope you’ll enter our monthly challenge; it’s always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog. You could win a great gift certificate to the store! Here are the rules:
- Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc. as of the 1st of each month, 2020.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
- Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
- Combining with other challenges is permitted.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Scrap, Travel & Bark!