Maggi here today to share with you one of my favorite Alaska summertime sights, the flowers. All that sunlight makes the flowers grow so incredibly big. The blossums are sometimes twice the size of what you see in the lower 48.
Anchorage has the prettiest little log cabin visitor center in the middle of downtown amongst all the tall buildings. The cabin has a sod roof and is surrounded by cascades of hanging baskets lush flower beds. Of course I tried to capture the beauty of all those flowers!
I used Wisteria chippies to mimic the hanging baskets. They are painted and then I dabbed on a bit of Lindy’s mist for that something extra. Then I topped the chippies with Little Birdie flowers.
I love word chippies and Creative Embellishments has a huge selection. I heat embossed the words with Emerald Creek’s Taos Sunset Baked Textureembossing powder.
One the left side I layered burlap and two chippies. The lace chipboard is heat embossed with Dirty Sand and the cross stitch piece is heat embossed with Taos Sunset.
Products from Creative Embellishments Store
Ciao Bella Under the Tuscan Sun Paper Collection
Emerald Creek Embossing Powders
Emerald Creek Embossing Powders: Dirty Sand, Taos Sunset
Mix’d Media Embossing Powder – Truffle
Little Birdie Flowers Marika Boho Vibes 2pc
Little Birdie Flowers Eva Boho Vibes 3pc
Little Birdie Flowers Kimberley Boho Vibes 14pc
Creative Embellishments Challenge
I hope you’ll enter our monthly challenge; it’s always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog. You could win a great gift certificate to the store! Here are the rules:
- Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc. of the 1st of each month, 2020.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
- Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
- Combining with other challenges is permitted.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks for joining me today!
Maggi Harding – Scrap, Travel & Bark!