Hey everyone, Jess here! Welcome back to the Creative Embellishments blog. I have a new tutorial for you today. Have you ever wondered what you could do with old CDs? Well, I am here today giving you some inspiration so, don’t throw them away!! There is so much you can do with them. My inspiration for these altered CDs began with a steampunk vintage feel using gears, distressing techniques, metals, and of course some beautiful florals.
Let’s get started, shall we?!
1. Begin by adhering your cardstock paper to the surface of your CD.
2. Now, get your stencil, ink, and a blending tool.
*Hint* This gives the background some depth.
3. Distress the edges with black ink
4. Next, using some white gesso to cover your chipboard
*Hint* covering your chipboard surface with white gesso helps bring out the true colors of your embossing powders
5. Once the gesso is dry, emboss the surfaces with your chosen colors
Now, the real fun begins!
6. Get your flowers, distress those lightly along the edges with your blending tool using black ink
7. Do the same thing with your frame mold, distressing only the top layers
*Hint* Adhere each element one at a time using your favorite mixed media adhesive
8. Almost there, now cover your paper doll with some scrap paper and water down some black gesso and splatter the entire surface of your CDs
9. To finish them off use some quote stickers and distress their edges with black ink and add a metal butterfly
Here are some close-ups for your viewing pleasure. Again, thank you for joining us at the Creative Embellishments blog. I look forward to interacting with you again very soon. For now, have a GREAT day everyone!
Product Used: Steampunk Gear and Cluster Set