“Dark Love” Hello there all my fellow Creative Embellishments fans! Jess here with a new project to share with you all. A metal canvas inspired by the month of love. When I think of love, I am inspired by the abnormal type like “Jack Skellington” with “Sally” and the “Joker” with “Harley Quinn.” Now that you know my inspiration, my creation will make more sense and explain why they are so dark.
1. Begin with a clean surface and paint it with black gesso.
2. Get your stencil and run your crackle paste through it
*Hint* Let your crackle paste dry thoroughly before moving onto the next step
3. While that dries, emboss your embellishments
You will notice the end product ends up being gold. I changed my mind when piecing the project together. I felt like there was too much pink so, I re-embossed the chipboard pieces gold
4. After the crackle paste is dry, spray the surface with the “Bombshell Black” shimmer spray
5. Paint your frame and wings with black gesso. Use your fingers and lightly distress white gesso to the top of the wings and “Vintage Gold” wax to the frame
6. Before placing your embellishments, distress the edges with some “Vintage Gold” wax
7. Water down some black gesso and splatter the entire surface
8. Now you can add all your embellishments using your favorite adhesive, mine is tacky glue
9. The finishing touches are Nuvo drops added to the end of the spirals on the chipboard pieces and some Finnabair melange flat back pebbles
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy! Thank you for stopping by the blog today. See you next time.
Love Heart Flourish Corner