I started off by separating the front and back covers from the spine piece, as I wanted a little more flexibility to the cover hinges. I wrapped the outside of the cover with fabric and decorated it with some lace, cheesecloth, measuring tape trim and a vintage sewing Trade Card. I added a couple of vintage buttons and a sewing machine charm on a bulb pin and made a closure for the book using a post button and a recycled Sari Silk tie.
I lined the inside of the cover with blue felt and made a pocket for the front and back covers using felt and lace. I made the interior ‘pages’ from felt and decorated them using lace trims and measuring tape trim. There are tucks and pockets to hold all manner of sewing paraphernalia. I added in a few pieces from the CE Button and Thread Cards, which I covered using print-outs of vintage sewing Trade Cards and patterned paper – I also inked the edges of the thread cards with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.