Happy Friday friends! I hope everyone’s week was a good one and they have an amazing weekend. Today I am sharing a canvas I created. A rather rock like one. I had some much fun altering the guitar. When I was a teenager I took a few guitar lessons. Music was always very big in our family. My dad played and my sister also took lessons. I guess my dreams were to be like Lita Ford or the chicks from heart….haaaaa! Okay a little far fetched but loved their music. I guess in reality though my dad was on my mind and well that’s nothing new. Miss him and its been 3 years years since his passing. I guess I am sort of stuck. We all grieve differently. That’s the reason for the angel wings…

c2

 

Lets start with how I altered the guitar. It was quite the tedious task but well worth the outcome. I started with applying black soot distress paint to the top and neck of the guitar. For the fret lines I simply used a white gel pen and added to the engraved separation lines. I then painted the body of the guitar in a purple lumiere paint. I added white paint to the rest of the guitar. The strings I simply used a silvery gel pen. For a finishing touch I added brads to the top and applied glossy accents to the bottom half. The wood music notes were simply altered using black soot paint.

 

cl1

 

The wings set 2 pieces were altered starting with a base coat of gesso. I then layered many colors. I started with a white, added a light grey, silver and for the edges purple and pink paints. All Tim Holtz distress paints except the purple. I used the same lumiere as for the base of the guitar. For a grungier look I swiped my black ink pad across them.

cl2

 

I cut apart the floral frame and applied a green TH stain for the base coat. I then added rock candy crackle medium and after that dried I added a little mowed lawn distress paint here and there. I then wrapped it around the neck of the guitar and added a couple pieces to the bottom of the guitar. I love skull images and well I had to add one to finish off the look of this canvas. I simply added heavy gesso to the head piece from the bones set. I then added a little grey paint and black ink . I even used the head as a mask for parts of the background of the canvas. To finish off the whole canvas I sprayed some black krylon web over the entire piece.

I hope you like this canvas. I had fun putting this one together.