Happy Monday friends! I hope everyone’s weekend was amazing. We celebrated my little sisters b-day on Saturday and had a blast. I love my family.

Nicolle here today with a fun fairy canvas I made for my daughter Jojo. I made her a set of 3. You will see another tomorrow and one at the end of the month. Below is the first of the 3 canvases.


The background was a lot of fun to create. I used our cobblestone panel as a mask to create the stone pathway. To achieve the tree trunk look I used a Tin holtz stencil. For the grass texture i just used the end of a paintbrush and drew in blades of grass. I used many different paints and mists to achieve the realistic look. Lindy’s stamp gang mist, tim holtz paints/stains and  lumiere paint by jaquard.

The fairies were altered using black soot paint for their bodies and for the wings lumiere paints in orange, red and pink. For the sparkles I added a bit of silver stickles.


The doors were altered using corduroy stain, red brick distressed paint and a black flair pen for details.The hinges were done in pewter with lumiere paints.   mushroom set 1 was altered using antique linen distress paint as the base. Then brushed corduroy stain and  vintage photo distress paint . I swiped a little bit of black ink for a realistic look. Mushroom set 2 was altered using brick red paint on the tops, white picket fence paint for the dots and for the bases vintage photo paint and antique linen. I used black soot paint for the underside of the mushroom and added a few white lines with a white gel pen. The wood veneer mushrooms I lightly swiped vintage photo across the top and dark brown on the underside of the mushrooms.


Mushroom set 3 was altered using brick red distress paints and a white gel pen for the dots. I added a little brick red paint to the tops of some of the wood veneer mushrooms. Jolie fell in love with all of the canvases. I love my lil girlie to pieces.

Fairies  Fairy Door Set 1Fairy Door Set 2


MushroomsMushroom Set 1Mushroom Set 2

Mushroom set 3