Happy Tuesday Friends! Nicolle here today sharing an altered mannequin, inspired by the Flying Unicorn design team. I went onto their site and was amazed at how quickly their kits sell out. So, I scoured the internet and was thrilled to find the mannequin from a Window Display Props Factory. It’s not often that cool ideas come to mind for me lately, so I had to take advantage of this opportunity. This project came together quickly, which is not a common occurrence for me. I enjoy OTP projects, but never seem to have the time. The last time I enjoyed working on some was last December.

I was actually inspired by one of our own chipboard steampunk dress forms that the hubs designed. I tried to mimic it as close as I could with the supplies I had on hand. I also added some of my own touches. I had to add flowers in some form or another.. 😉

First I applied black acrylic to the whole paper mache mannequin. I then sprayed some silver kyrlon webbing all over the mannequin.


 I was inspired by this chippy dressform.


Steampunk Dress Form 2


I started with a few different sets of our gears. I applied tim holtz brushed pewter to all of them. I then applied dusty attics rusting powder. I thought it would be a pretty cool affect.



Wing set 1 was altered with a base coat of tim holtz brushed pewter distressed stain and some black krylon webbing.


 A close up of our layered gears.


 I hope you like my project. Thanks  for stopping by the blog!

Click the thumbnails below  for a direct link to the store.

Wings Set 1  Gear 1 1/2" (Set of 12) Gears 1" (Set of 12)

Mini Gears 3/4" (set of 12)