Hello there my fellow CE friend! Welcome back to the blog. I have obviously been on a journaling kick here lately. This feels more like a scrapbooking page probably because I have so many larger objects giving it so much more depth and interest. Isn’t this skull cut out A-MAZING?! What an intricate design!!! I knew I had to make something unique and completely out there, maybe a bit strange or odd even. I’ve really been trying to stretch my imagination and do something different.
Flourish Skull and Roses Piece
Let’s journal together!
1. You’ll want to begin by using some texture paste and a stencil
Hint: I used a silver paste
2. Alter your chipboard skull using black gesso, then dry brush it with white gesso
3. While that dries, alter your rose flourishes
Hint: I’ve used Lindy’s Magicals
4. Now take those special jars and splatter some of each color on your surface
Hint: I spray my entire page with a bit of water before sprinkling the powders
5. Now distress the edges of your page with black gesso
*Hint: This frames the page giving it an overall finished look
6. Use some cardboard to pop up your quote pieces
7. Splatter some white gesso on the entire background
Hint: To separate the background from the white splatters, I used TH’s distressing glaze
8. Assembly time! First, adhere your Skull Flourish and Rose Pieces
9. Choose some random flowers and layer them to embellish the chipboard cutouts
10. To finish it off, adhere the quotes
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed your time with me today!