Hello CE fans! Welcome back to the blog! I’m so happy to see you again. Today we’re going to go simple. I find it quite a challenge to go simple, I truly do. I decided to take on this challenge along with journaling. For me, journaling is hard. I think way too much.
*Let’s do some journaling, shall we?!
1. You’ll want to begin by using some texture paste and a stencil
Hint: I used platinum-colored crackle paste. The crackles give it more overall interest.
2. Alter your chipboard using black gesso
3. While that dries, choose your color palette
Hint: I’ve used Lindy’s “Summer Break” Magical’s
4. Now take those special jars and splatter some of each color on your surface
Hint: I spray my entire page with a bit of water before sprinkling the powders.
5. Now distress the edges of your page and your chosen focal image and distress them with black gesso
*Hint: This gives the pieces some extra interest separating them from one another
6. Now use some cardboard to pop up your paper elements
7. For a finishing background touch, splatter some white gesso on the entire background
8. Finally adhere your chipboard cut-out and paper elements
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today. See you next time!