Hello, Creative Embellishments friends!

Sandi here with you this Friday sharing my latest canvas board project for Creative Embellishments Design Team.

Well, this is definitely the month of love with Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching. So, I decided it would be fun to create a mixed media canvas board using a floral photo and some of my favorite chippies!! And of course, a good coat of crackle paste that I let sit overnight to dry.

So to start … after adding some color to my canvas board, I grabbed the Heart Balloon Set and began altering with some older mists from Shimmerz, Tim Holtz and 13 Arts with a dab of Heidi Swapp Shine.  As always, you can see that I just keep mixing until I get the color I want. I could have even gone a bit lighter but I wanted a mix of a coral and red with some gold shine to it. After drying these were adhered near the top.
The second chippy to get my attention was the fabulous Scribbles chipboard. When this design first came out, I wondered if it could fit with my style. Well, let me tell you: this is perfect for so many things. For me, I use it as a layer and it almost replicates the use of thread or other fibers on a project! This one is a must! I’ve altered it with 13 Arts Pastel Blue mist. You can see more of it a few photos below.

What better thing to focus on during this week’s winter storm than a lovely spring or summer day! Along with that thought came recalling the wood veneer  Bumblebees in my stash. These are beautifully etched and there is no alteration required unless you wanted to do so.

Here is another close-up of the Scribbles piece. I just adore this sweet chippy.

But okay, can we have a favorite chipboard piece? Well, I don’t know but seriously, this Heart Dangle 2 is just gorgeous! I can’t even count how many times I’ve reached for it! This time I altered it with walnut stain and metallic wax. Love, love, love it!

Here’s the other Bumblebee along with some florals, pearls and ephemera.

In the Heart Balloon Set you will get  a couple of balloon clusters along with some singles. I used the singles on the left hand side of the photo.

I always like to take a dimensional shot from the side to demonstrate the height and breadth.

Extra texture was achieved with cheesecloth, florals and pearls.

The final touch was splattering with paint and making sure my edges were low enhanced.

Hopefully today’s project will spark some ideas in your own creative mind.


Many thanks for stopping by the blog today!

As always, I’ll see you next time!