Hello, CE fans! Welcome back to the blog! It’s a new month so I am coming at you with all new inspiration from my side of the world. This month I am feeling grungy. There are so many different lights and grungy steampunk items available in the shop. I can never have enough. If you know me, you know gunge is my favorite crafty theme. More specifically, masculine grunge. But, I am adding a twist by mixing steampunk, grunge, and flowers all in one. I hope you are inspired and will create this floral grungy layout with me. So what are we waiting for, let’s get busy.
Hint: Choose your paper collection, preferably one with cut-outs
1. Begin by adding a layer of clear gesso to your scrapbook paper
Hint: This will allow for the paper to withstand whatever you throw at it
2. Alter your chipboard pieces using acrylic paints and embossing powders
3. Cut and distress the edges of your paper quote elements with black ink
Hint: No special tool needed. Just use a pair of dull scissors
4. Use your stencil and some texture paste to add some background interest
5. Assembly time, add your lightbulb chipboard pieces
6. Layer your window pieces and add the paper cut-out
Hint: The window cut-out takes place of a photograph. If you want use a photo instead.
7. Layer your flowers, then fill your shaker with tiny prills
8. Put down your shaker and paper cut-outs
9. Finish off the layout with paper quotes and sequins
***Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!***