Hey everyone! I hope you all are well. Today I’d like to share with you my latest inspiration using some amazing chipboard. I am back today with a feminine steampunk canvas. I chose to use this image due to her funky outfit. I just love the color purple! And what better color than that dark teal to bring the gear to life. I have some of the BEST embellishments the world has to offer! Isn’t that gear absolutely magnificent?! What are we waiting for, let’s get our gears going!
1. You will want to first cut your sheet of paper to fit your desired canvas size
2. Use some paper adhesive to adhere it to the canvas while also layering the top
3. While that dries, fussy cut your image from the paper pad
4. Let’s get messy and paint our Large Gear 2 using some acrylic paints
*Hint* I chose these paints to alter the gear because they really contrast with her outfit. Plus I wanted my gear to not get lost. It wants to be a star too!!
5. Now alter your mold castings with some black gesso and layering the different waxes
*Hint* I started altering each casting with the Brocade, went in with Blue Patina, then highlighted specific areas with Rich Copper.
6. Before we begin creating the layout, distress the canvas edges using wax
7. Lay everything down beginning with the large gear
8. Prop up your image using some cardboard from packaging materials
*Hint* I curled the edges of certain areas of the image giving it more dimension