Hello, there all my fellow CE beauties! I am back again today sharing my last March creation. Before I even started making this project, I sat and really thought about what I wanted to make. St. Patrick’s Day decor! Ding! Ding! Ding! A light bulb went off! Aside from a wreath I made, I really didn’t have much decor for this occasion. So, I decided to start by making this beauty right here. I just love that CE has Home Decor cuts for us crafty folks to alter and beautify our homes. I’m trying out some new things, at least new to me, in my crafting. One of which is keeping it simple. I always tend to go overboard with embellishments and everything. This is sweet and simple.
Let’s get our craft on!
1. You’ll want to begin by laying down a nice layer of texture paste over the entire Shamrock 1
2. While that dries, emboss your Bow Border
3. After the texture is completely dry, paint the entire surface
*Hint: I used a light shade of green as my main color
4. Next, add some contrast by using a darker shade of green to the edges of the entire piece
5. Once the surface is dry, splatter it with some watered down black gesso
6. Before the gesso dries, get a brush and run it down the surface
*Hint: This gives the background some extra interest and dimension
7. Find a chipboard quote, distress the edges with a pair of scissors and black ink
8. Add your bow, chipboard quote, and rhinestones
There you have it! A festive home-decor piece to proudly display for your coming guests.