I am challenging myself this year to use some of the older things that have been sitting around in my craft room. This paper collection is one of those items. I love the collection, don’t get me wrong, I just so rarely use paper in my mixed media works. You guys know me, I’m a chipboard girl!! That being said, I decided to push myself even further and make some paper layered cards using some gorgeous CE chipboard pieces. The chipboard pieces really add an extra special element to papercrafts. Don’t you just love how they can make any project POP!?
***Let’s get started, shall we?!***
1. Begin by cutting out your card base, mine is “6x”6
2. Distress the edges of all your paper elements using a pair of scissors
3. In some areas, I tore the paper to leave it open to sneak in a snowflake chipboard piece
4. Alter all your chipboard pieces using some pearl white acrylic paint
5. Layer your shaker pieces, add some beads and, secure them using paper from the collection
6. Use some double-sided foam tape to adhere your paper elements
7. Now lay down all your chipboard pieces beginning with the sneaky snowflakes
8. Splatter the entire surface with the same pearl acrylic paint
9. Lastly, add your flair pieces, shakers, and quotes
***Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!***
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Until next time stay healthy and stay creative everyone!