Hello everyone, welcome back to another interesting project. Today I would love to share a altered tag I made. This little gadget I picked up while out at some rummage sales with my friend Sam. We hit the jackpot that day. Look forward to some more altered art that we picked up, but today I will show you an altered tag I made with the large wooden tag from the store and a vintage Calibration tool that was in mint condition.
Here is the short video of the creative process.
I new I was going to paint this project, Using Andy’s acrylic paints, I started with the Rivet Stencil on the plain background. I didn’t want to do too much with the background so I didn’t add any other textures or pastes.
Using the rivet pieces I sporatically placed them on the background. Then I set this piece aside for about 3 weeks. Crazy how work and Covid gets in the way of my fun and relaxing thing in my life. I Knew I was getting a few days off so I got it out again and felt it just needed something, so I added more mechanical pieces in the background as well.
I did a base colour of Burnt Umber and then alternated between Quinn Gold and Yellow Iron Oxide, diluting it with water to make the paint more fluid. When I got the desired look I was striving for I moved on to the light bulb.
I wanted to get the light bulb effect, so I added liquid glass to the inside of the bulb, After it was dry enough to remove from the wax paper, I took a fine brush and painted it. I like the look and how it turned out, it looks like an old Edison bulb.
I glued it all down and used some Payne’s grey to add the finishing touches on the tag.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the tag! Look forward to more home decor projects to come.