Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I guess you could say I am in a snowy mood this month. Now that I live in Florida, where there is no snow, I have to rely on my memories of snow growing up in Arkansas. I must say, part of me misses the snow. There is something magical about it. The mess and clean-up that can be made of it not so much. Speaking of maintenance, I was going through my craft room and found this pre-made canvas I created last holiday season. So I decided I was going to use it somehow this year. You get to see just how I did it.
1. Begin by laying down a nice coat of white gesso to the canvas and let dry
3. Randomly spray your surface using your chosen color sprays
***Hint: I used a paintbrush to blend my background as you see***
I honestly can’t remember what I used to create the background, but I do know it was some Lindy’s because I see a lot of shimmer in there.
4. Once that is dry, splatter the surface using the exact colors to create the background
5. Lastly, use the wax to distress the edges of the canvas
6. Now you can begin placing all your chipboard pieces
7. I altered my frame by cutting it in half, give or take, to embellish the corners of the canvas
There you have it! That’s not so bad, is it?! I look forward to seeing your inspirations this month.