To create my snowy scene I started with paper from the Stamperia Blue Land collection and stenciled snowflakes on the background with a CE stencil. Next I painted a large floral frame with blue and white paint, muddling the colors together. I created some paper layers and topped with my photo that is popped up with cardboard to add dimension to the layout.
I use a paw print frame, painted white, to accentuate the photo.
I used pine cone clusters as the base for my floral clusters. They were first colored with Lindy’s mists and after the mists dried, I dry brushed with white paint. I like to use mist as a coloring agent because it does not fill in the etched lines on the chipboard and doesn’t cover the design elements. I topped the clusters with flowers that have also been dry brushed with white paint.
How to Enter the Challenge
Be sure to check ou the monthly challenge on the Creative Embellishments Blog because you could win a great gift certificate to the store! To find the monthly challenges just click on the pink search icon on the upper right side of the page and enter “challenge” in the search box and the challenges will pop up. Here are the rules:
- Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of December 1st, 2020.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
- Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
- Combining with other challenges is permitted.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!