I love how flourishes really add that something special to a layout. They look so pretty peeking out from under floral clusters. I’ve used several flourishes on this layout done with Stamperia’s House of Roses collection.
My Nika has a very silly nickname, Noodle. Why? Oh I don’t know, she just acts all noodlely! Her groomer took this photo and she is lying in “repose” in the groomer’s dog’s bed. I think she looks so regal; hence the title, Queen Noodle!
For the focal point I framed Queen Noodle with a CE oval frame that is heat embossed with Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel. I love the glitter that is in that embossing powder. I even gave her a proper queenly crown!
The flourishes I used were first covered with Prima Matte Wax in Patina Green. I applied it more heavily in some areas than others. Then I dabbled on Lindy’s Starburst Mist. I really like how that looks. Because the wax seals the chipboard, the mist does not soak in; instead, it just lays over the wax and creates the spotted mottled look you see below.
I used a small tag to add some journaling and placed that over another flourish, treated the same as the one above. Then I topped it off with gorgeous blooms. I love the look of flourishes peeking out from underneath flowers.
Creative Embellishments Challenge
I hope you’ll enter our monthly challenge; it’s always the first post here on the Creative Embellishments Blog. You could win a great gift certificate to the store! Here are the rules:
- Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc. of the 1st of each month, 2020.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
- Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
- Combining with other challenges is permitted.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.