Hello, there all my fellow CE fans! I usually stick with the theme most of the time but, I am switching it up this month and creating a celebratory canvas and dedicating it to the celebration of our freedoms. I am using loads of stars from the store to glitz up this canvas for the holiday. Today I am using Patriotic Stars which I altered using silver embossing powder and cut in half. The Mirror Acrylic Stars are brand new and I just love them. I added those to the tops of some of my textured stars and randomly on the canvas. The background I created using the Star Bokeh Stencil and some icing texture paste. Then the shaker I made using the Shaker Pieces and Star ATC Coin. The Large Heart is my focal point of course because I am appreciative of all the sacrifices from those before me and to those ahead of me. I altered the heart by using acrylic paint and wax. This piece is for YOU! There aren’t words to express my feelings for you and your families.
***Let’s begin creating together, shall we?!***
1. Begin by laying down a coat of blue acrylic paint
2. Now paint your heart using red acrylic paint
3. Once it dries, use the wax to give it a metallic look
4. Now use your stencil and icing paste to enhance the canvas background
5. Emboss your stars using silver glitter embossing powder
6. Now you can begin adding some acrylic stars to your textured stars randomly
7. Put down your embossed stars on clean edges
8. Piece together your shaker and add your filler pieces
I used some glass glitter and some small acrylic stars
9. Now adhere your shaker to the heart
10. Adhere the heart to the canvas
*Use some cardboard from packaging to pop up your heart*
You want it to be the focal point
There you have it! Your celebratory canvas is done and can decorate your home for the holiday.