Hello friends, Maggi here. Today let’s make easel cards. They are easy to make and display so nicely! You just cut a regular card whatever size you wish and then cut another panel the size of the front of your card. Fold up the front of the card and then glue the separate panel to the top of the fold. Inside the card, pop up an element to act as a “stay” for the easel panel.
This first one is made with Graphic 45’s Cafe Parisian and chipboard from Creative Embellishments.
Chipboard from Creative Embellishments always adds that extra special something to your projects.
I’ve used a pretty corner flourish from Creative Embellishments on the right side. The flourish is heat embossed with Stampendous Shabby White embossing enamel. I love the sparkle that the glitter in the enamel adds!
Here you can see how the easel mechanism works.
I left the inside of the card plain so it can be used for any purpose. The strip at the bottom is popped up with dimensional foam so that it can hold the easel in place.
Here’s another easel card and this one is for your dog lovin’ friends! I used Authentique’s Purebred collection for this one.
I love the dog frames, they are so cute! This one says “a dog’s life”. I heat embossed it with Stampendous Aged Marine embossing enamel.
In the upper left corner I used a paw print chipping and lightly inked it with Distress ink and heat embossed the heart in the center with Ranger Distressed Brick embossing glaze. I love these little paw prints!
Inside the card I adhered a piece of ribbon and topped it with a heat embossed scroll. (The scroll is actually a Christmas Ornament, but on it’s side, it makes a great scroll piece.) Then I topped it with a sticker from the collection and finished it up with another paw print.
I hope you’ll enter our monthly challenge; it’s always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog. You could win a great gift certificate to the store! Here are the rules:
- Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of May 1st, 2020.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
- Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
- Combining with other challenges is permitted.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.