Hello everyone! I am inspired by Easter, yet, again this week. The Creative Embellishments mood board is my source of inspiration. It’s not often that I do holiday-themed crafts. So I want to take advantage of the opportunities when I can. Today, I am making an oversized tag and a card with you today. Easter is such a colorful holiday and purple is my favorite color. As some of you know, I love splatters but I haven’t been using them much lately, so I am bringing them back. On another note, I forgot to take some process photos! I hope you will forgive me. My instructions do clearly explain how I altered the chipboard and wood veneer pieces though.
*****Let’s get to crafting, shall we?*****
1. First, you will want to cut your paper to your desired dimensions
2. Glue your paper to a sturdy surface
*Hint* I used some thin cardboard from packaging
3. Next, get your stencil and add your texture directly to the paper surface
4. While your texture dries, begin painting your chipboard pieces with white gesso
*Hint* You want your embossing powders to come out bright
5. While those dry, begin assembling your shaker piece
6. Now emboss all your elements
7. Distress the edges a bit with the wax
8. Once the texture is dry, splatter the background with watered down white gesso
9. Paint your mould pieces then distress your egg shaker with the green paint
10. Once they are dry, distress the bottom layer with white wax and the tops with green paint
11. Now you can begin assembling your tag and card piece by piece using your adhesive
Now you have your Easter papercrafts!!!
Thank you for stopping by today and joining me in making these bright and cheerful Easter papercrafts. I hope you enjoyed your time with me today!! I’ll see you next time.