Hello everyone! Jess here sharing with you some mixed media tags I’ve made for our collaboration with Rinea this month. I’ve used their beautiful papers to create these laser cut chipboard tags. They cut so beautifully and clean through a die-cut machine. They are perfect for adding some class to any project. Plus they are shapable!! I love it! I am still inspired by the mood board this month in creating these tags. This color palette is one of my absolute favorites. I do hope you will join us this month.
1. Begin by laying down a nice layer of gesso to your chipboard ATC tags
3. Using a palette knife, put down some unicorn paste to each tag
*Hint* This does take some time to dry
4. Get your die-cutting machine and floral die of your choice and cut it using the foiled paper
*Hint* I love this foil paper because you can shape it
5. Once the paste is dry, use some distress ink to give the background a tint of color
matching your flowers
6. Now you can begin laying down each element starting with your flourishes
7. Place your flowers and foil behind them using your favorite mixed media adhesive
8. Finally, distress the edges of your sentiments and curl them a bit so they don’t sit flat
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today. I look forward to hearing from you next time.
Here are close-ups of the finished project.