I have a funny story behind these oversized tags. During Christmas break, my boys were looking at all my newer art pieces and cards. They began talking among themselves and saying”Is there anything you can’t make mom?” I said well, I’m sure there is something. I told them to come up with something that they thought I couldn’t make. They said that I probably couldn’t make dabbing snowmen. I proved them wrong, I made them! So, if you’d like to know how I made them follow along with me in this fun tutorial.
1. Begin by cutting cardboard out to your desired size. My tags are sized “7 x “3 1/2
2. Add your paper to the cardboard using your favorite adhesive
*Note* I used double-sided tape
3. Now use your stencil and spread your texture paste
*Note* I used my own homemade texture paste
4. Once the texture paste is dry, use more of it to cover all edges making it appear like snow
5. While the texture is drying, paint Gear Set 2 Small, Medium, Large, and Clock Hands chipboard with white gesso and color it using the distress ink
6. After your texture dries, distress the edges using the distress ink
7. Now add your gear chipboard pieces, wood veneers, and clock hands using adhesive
8. The last steps are to add the white enamel dots and splattering watered down white gesso
That’s it! Now you have your “Dabbing Snowmen!”
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial I’ve shared with you all.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by the blog. While you’re here check out the other wonderful works by my fellow DT members.