Kelley here with a grungy butterfly plaque.  This was a blast to make.  For the base of the plaque, I grunged it up using a wax resist technique on the plaque itself. I covered with TH patterned paper. I spread over it bronze distress paint mixed with molding paste to thicken.  Stamped all over, dry brushed gesso, and smeared on patina paint.


My favorite part of the plaque was making the butterfly.  I started with a steampunk butterfly and combined Modern Masters Rust and Bronze paints to get varying colors.  I layered with gears metals and gems.  I added touches of white and patina paint.   These chippies are amazing, they can handle lots of paints and mediums and still hold up.  I layered gears ender the metal flowers.


Supplies Used:

Steampunk Butterfly