Happy Thursday CE Friends! Nicolle here today with a layout! In the beginning of summer we drove around and did some reminiscing. One of the stops we made was to pass by my grams house. My maternal grandmother Helen passed away 10 months after my dad did on November 17th 2012. She was 89 and 2 weeks from turning 90. I miss her with all my heart and it makes me sad to see her house in such a deplorable condition. I lived there for the first 5 years of my life (we lived on the second level) and for about 1 year when I was 10. It wasn’t the best of neighborhoods being in the city but a lot of memories were made. I loved spending hours sitting on the porch with her and just talking. About a year before she passed she was put into a nursing home because she had dementia and she refused to eat. It breaks my heart that I couldn’t take her in and take care of her but she was also going blind. She did take care of me when my mother was in the hospital for that year. I am not sure why I took this picture but it makes me sad ..I know it’s just a house but she always took good care of her house until the latter part of her life. She always had family as tenants and was very generous. Unfortunately they weren’t always good tenants. 🙁
I started by stamping our crackle stamp onto the black ground paper with a prima chalk edger in attic dust. I then stamped the same image with black soot stain onto the lighter center background paper.
I applied vintage photo distress paint to the chipboard corner from photo /page corner set 5.
For the rustic looking fence I cut our rustic shed door in half. I cut apart the Z design and used both horizontal pieces to create a fence. I applied tim holtz tea dye distress stain. I then dry brushed gesso over it in spots. Lastly I stamped the crackle image in black soot.
The sea grass chipboard pieces I applied mowed lawn distress paint. The Time flies frame first I first applied antique linen distress paint and then rock candy crackle paint. I applied frayed burlap to bring out the crackle effect. The gears were altered using black soot stain and vintage photo distress paint. The monarch butterfly was altered with black soot stain as well.
Thanks for stopping by the blog! Have a terrific Thursday.
Click the picture below for a direct link the products our store.