Well it’s Monday already? Weekends are never long enough. Today I am sharing a layout I created around my daughter. Kayla came back from her Senior trip to Disney World late Saturday night. We sure did miss her. She spent a total of 4 days with 46 of her classmates and 4 teachers. When she came home you could tell she was exhausted but still stayed up to tell me about her trip for 2 hrs. I think we went to bed around 2 am Sunday morning. The picture below is of her after her getting her face painted.
She’s such a pretty young lady. Her face being painted the way it was reminded me sort of like a mask. I was inspired to use one of our chipboard masks. On top of that I was inspired by one of my fellow DT members. You will see what I am talking about but you have to check back daily to see what I mean. You will know exactly what I am talking about when you see her amazing project.
I used a couple of CE stamps. The music note stamp and the distressed grid stamp. I stamped the music note image applying black soot distress stain before applying to page. I stamped around the edge of the page with the grid stamp. I also stamped the grunge star image using a pink chalk edger. The stars are behind the photo on the left of the page. I also lightly stamped the circles image on the left side of the page in grey.
I altered the title pieces applying a pink base using primas chalk edgers. I then applied some modeling paste here and there. I didn’t want to fully cover just add a little texture. I then added pink stickles. The ornate frame was altered the same way.
I altered my mask by first wetting and shaping it. I then dried with my heat gun to help keep the shape. For color I applied some pewter distress stain for a bit of a shimmer. I took some Webster’s Pages fabric cut it to fit over the mask and glued to the back. I cut slits to form the eyes and pulled the excess to the back and glued. For an added tough I attached clear gems around the eyes of the mask to define them. To embellish the outside of the mask I cut apart some sequin like trim from Webster’s Pages and glued it around the edges. What’s a mask without feather. I simply added some pink acrylic paint and glitter to alter them. I added a flourish to corner of the mask. I applied black soot distress stain and pink stickles. There has been a lot of glitter on my layouts lately. I tried to mimic the shimmer from the design of her beautifully painted face. I worked some real white and black feather with the chipboard feather to the left corner of the mask.
For further inspiration I used the current #110 sketch at Sketchabilities.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!